Monday 9 July 2012

memory wire

I've been playing around with beads for the last week, making bracets for our up coming trip to Hawaii and in the spirit of Hawaii I decided to use really cute Plumeria clay beads to really set the mood.

In my last post I showed a couple of bracelets I made using elastic however I felt they were lacking something - more flowers!  So I decided to make a bigger bracelet with 3 rounds of pearls with a flower on each round.

To make the bracelet simple I decided to try using memory wire.  The stuff is great! all you need is wire snips and a pair of pliers and you can make lovely bracelets in less than 5 mintues.  Here is a couple of pictures of my first attempt.  (I have subsequenty made a second one with pink flowers for my mum but  forgot to take some pictures!)



I'm also quite excited about another new craft i'm going to be learning.  Teri Dusenbury is going to be teaching me how to make her lovely turtles.  I'm hoping to have completed at least my first turtle before I go to "TURTLE BAY" in Hawaii.  Wont that be cool!  Its going to be a one-on-one class and i've ordered all my supplies.  Now I just have to wait a week or two for the items from the US to arrive then we can get started. :-D

Until next time..

Cat x

3 comments:

  1. Your bracelets looks lovely love the colour and flowers.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of Teri's turtles and they are absolutely gorgeous! - enjoy your special lessons with her.
    A trip to Hawaii sounds very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - you are soo lucky to have Teri's turtles!

      I have just finished making one and I'm wearing it right now but I don't think it would stand up to one of Teri's by comparison. I'll have to ask her if its all right to post a couple of pics on here to show them off.

      Delete