Monday 27 February 2012

baby bonnet progress

My baby bonnet has progressed over the weekend.  I was working at it for a good chunk of the weekend and i've managed to get to the next section of hearts/clovers.

here is a photo I took yesterday.  I have done another row since the photo was taken and two heart medallions but I was so pleased by how it looks I thought I would share..


If I knew any Jewish men, I think this would make a nice Kippah to give as a gift.  I will have to keep this in mind if I ever do.

One thing I have learned is that doing a row of 25 rings and chains takes me FOREVER!  I was going a bit gaga by 9pm last night trying to tie and hide the ends on the last round.  I think I might have found my tatting limit for the day.

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful start to a baby bonnet! I can hardly wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's coming along to be very pretty! I wish mine had turned out so well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its Lovely! which pattern are you using? The clovers are adorable, at a distance they first look like small crosses.

    ReplyDelete