Wednesday 22 February 2012

My dogs

Since my blog is also about my dogs and dog sledding I thought I would do a little introduction to my pooches.

I have two huskies, our female Karli who is a real daddy's girl and a huge tom-boy

and our boy Nao who is a big soppy pup who prefers cuddles to anything else (except running and food!)

They both love working in harness and we have been doing it every since Nao was big enough to start training at 9 months old.  We do it for fun and excersie but we also go to races during the winter months.  Its a great place to meet other dogs and owners and they get to run on new trails and practice overtaking and being over taken but other dog teams which is a great change as we nearly always train alone.

We never get great times as we are not serious cocmpetitors but we have a real blast which is the most important thing!  You can see from their faces that they love every minute of it!

So thats my dogs, I will leave you with a wee video made from clips of filming we did for a evening TV show.  Till next time... Cat.

4 comments:

  1. That looks like fun! :) Love your background music too... Been years since I heard any Eve6..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, great blog I will be back to visit you as often as I can, look forward to seeing how your lovely dogs get on
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting! - I had somehow envisaged the dogs racing through the snow! - but the rig looks similar to what is used in the "trots"- only with dogs.
    Do they also pull you along when it's snowing?
    The dogs look so happy! - ooh, and suddenly I am reminded of Ben Hur.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys. @Maureen - we dont always get enough snow and this winter has been very mild so the land rigs are what are usually used. I actually do have a sled that I bought last year but there hasn't been enough snow to use it yet!

    ReplyDelete