Tuesday 21 February 2012


I've put off starting a blog, convinced I have nothing of interest to say and sure nobody would be interested even if I did but since its a new year (ish) and a fresh start as it were, I thought I would give it a bash.

I probably should have started this last week since it was velentines day or even in January when I hit the big 3-0 but procrastination has put paid to that so i'm going to start in the middle of no-mans land and hope I have something worth talking about.  Well to be honest its not exactly an insignificant date as it is pancake day.

Anyway, since I am starting at an odd time I thought I might cover the significant dates of my year so far...

So I turned 30 at the end of January.  I woke up in the morning and looking in the mirror to see I hadn't sprouted any more gray hairs so I thought it wasn't as big a deal as everyone makes out.  I know some people get all depressed for at least the first 6 months of their 30's but to be honest i've been pretty cool about turning 30, but that is probably becuase I went though the angst stage when I turned 29!  I hated being 29 becuase I knew I was going to be 30 next. ironic that is doesn't bother me now.

Anyway after the birthday celebrations were over the next big thing was valentines day.  I made my other half a hand made card with a tatted heart from my Mark Konior's book.  I spent an hour in the craft shop getting help putting the card together then lovingly enscribed my message to him before sealing it with a kiss.  I left it in his pillow so he would find it in the morning when he came out of the bath and was prepairing myself for the gooey hugs and kisses to ensue....

NOTHING!  not a peep out of him when he opened the card.  He eventually came down stairs and gave me a kiss goodbye with a thankyou for the card and a sorry for forgetting it was velentines day.  So I went to work convinced he would pop out at his lunch break and get me a card.  Then I got home and still a big fat nothing!!  Maybe he was all romanced out as the previous year I got a card, chocolate and roses for the first time in our then 9 year relationship.

To be fair I wasn't that disappointed, we actually very rarely do anything for Valentines day and the year before was special as we had just got engaged! :-)

Thats me about caught up with the year. so my next post can be about current events.  in the mean time here is a photo of my lovingly made valentines card!


Until next time... Cat.

3 comments:

  1. How disappointing! - after you had gone to so much trouble. It's a beautiful heart, and I will be very interested in reading about your dog sledding as I know nothing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging! I believe pancake day is one of the more appropriate days of the year to start a new venture. : )

    Your Valentine's card is lovely. My husband received an e-card from me... no tatting. I don't get worked up about Valentine's Day either. In my almost 60 years, I've never been involved with anyone who was romantic, so the day is kind of lost on me. I'd much rather receive little surprises throughout the year, and that's exactly what I get!

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Tat-land blogging! Lovely little heart by way of introduction. If the card had a soccer player holding the heart,maybe you would have seen some response ... : ))
    Fox

    ReplyDelete