Wednesday 7 March 2012

Aaaaaaaaaaaa!

I did 7 medallions last night and thought I'd get started this morning as I had a bit of time before having to leave for a first aid course.

Lesson learned, never look at tatting when you are sleepy! I spotted a mistake on my last medallion and cut it out only to realise it was inside out and I'd cut the first medallion! No way to save it so I had to cut them all out Nd start from scratch!!!

On a positive note it was looking good and I have a photo of my progress last night. Hopefully I'll get back to that stage before bed tonight.

I'm am also now an official hard core tarter with cuts on my fingers and worn cuticles from working the thread!

2 comments:

  1. That's a hard lesson to learn, and I haven't really learned it yet myself... just did the same thing a couple of weeks ago!

    The bonnet is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a hard lesson, but the more you tat the more your skin will get used to the thread, you may be holding it too tight, loosen the thread a bit, then it won't cut in too much

    Your bonnet is beautiful.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete