Tuesday 13 March 2012

a wee update

Last night I finally finished as much of the bonnet as I possibly can until the baby arrives.  My sister was due on Sunday so now its just a waiting game.

I have decided not to put in the frill if it is a boy, so if it is a boy then I only have one more round to do to complete it.  However if it is a girl I will have another boat load of medallions to do before the last round.

I don't want to spoil the surprise so I wont post any more pics until it is a finished article.

Since I have been bored out of my skull today, doing simulation testing on new firmware at work I decided to use the spare time working on my updated pattern of this bonnet (shhh! don't tell anyone!).  I am including lots of notes, diagrams and photos to help the tatter follow what is going on. I just hope that I wont over complicate it with too much text.

I'm using a free edition of Serif Draw to make my diagrams which is qutie limited as an arts package but just find for drawing rings and chains so hopefully my version will look rather professional.

I have a pdf in my google docs account of another pattern I re-wrote for a chocker but I haven't figured out how to make fancy links like some people have on their blogs.  I will have to try and figure it out and post it on a future blog entry.

Until next time...

Cat
x

No comments:

Post a Comment