Thursday 15 March 2012



It's a beautiful spring morning today so I thought I would share this photo of our blossoming cherry plum tree.  I love this time of year because its still cold enough to take the dogs running but the leaves are starting to come out and the crocuses give the area a bit of long needed colour.

We are still waiting with baited breath for my sister to have her baby so I had an evening off from tatting and pattern writing last night.  We spoilt the dogs to an extra long walk instead.  We got home at 10pm and basically fell into bed pooped.




I've got a ball of thread waiting for me at the post office which I will pick up tomorrow and I hope to use it to make some more jewellery.  I would like to take inspiration from Totusmel and make a back drop necklace that has small elements hanging from chain down the back. (With copyright being a never ending issue I would like to clarify here that I will not be copying her work just using the look she has made to create my own tatting in a similar style.)

I'm going to dig around my free pattern library and see what I think will work and have a go at making something that will look good.  I might even be able to come up with my own little motifs that will work.

This will hopefully keep me busy till the little tyke arrives and I have to concentrate of finishing the bonnet. :-)

Till next time...
Cat x


No comments:

Post a Comment