Thursday 29 March 2012

I visited my lovely niece on Monday evening and had a lovely cuddle before everyone died laughing at Daddy trying to change his first nappy!

I didn't get a chance to take any photos as I had my hands full of baby but I will be visiting them tomorrow afternoon now they are back home.

I got right back into the bonnet.  Having a girl means that there is still a fair bit more to do as I am now doing the frilly bit around the edge.  There are 23 heart medallions for the frill section and I have been doing them in every spare moment I have to the point I am seeing them in my sleep.  Last night I finished number 16 so i'm hoping that I will have them all done tonight which will leave me with the last round or rings and chains that frames the whole bonnet.



My sister had asked for red ribbon so i'm going to pop in past the craft shop on my way to visit them tomorrow to pick up a selection of shades for them to choose from.  I'm hoping to have the whole thing finished at the weekend!

I also got my pop-a-bobbin shuttles last night and used them for the first time.  They are great, I bit chunkier than I am used to handling but I find the longer hook very nice to use and I love the rusticness and simplicity of the pegs to secure the bobbin.

I bought a purple heart and a zebrano (zebrano is my favourite wook and purple is my favourite colour so I am well chuffed) and i'm looking forward to working lots of projects with these.  I've already decided to get another one next time they are on sale.  Maybe an apple wood or an olive wood.



Until next time...

Cat x

2 comments:

  1. The bonnet is looking wonderful! It's so much fun to make things for baby girls. : )

    Congratulations on your new pop a bobbin shuttles! I totally forgot to go to Jane's shop, and the last two disappeared as I was looking at them. Oh, well... luckily I do own some already, and I think they are marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That. Bonnet is amazing! You are making the most remarkable gift for your niece. Wow!

    ReplyDelete