Friday 2 March 2012

Lizbeth Thread


since I haven't made enough progress with my bonnet to have a picture I want to show off yet I thought I would talk about a subject that has been bugging me for a while and have a wee rant about it.

Lizbeth thread....

Like so many people I LOVE Lizbeth thread.  I am not as adventurous and some people and prefer to stick with solid colours but even the the choice of colour is outstanding...

I imagine now you are thinking to yourselves, "so whats her beef then, if she likes the quality and the colour choice?"

I'll tell you, its the shipping!!!  I tried to buy 1 ball of thread for a cost of all of $4 and they wanted to charge me $40 to ship to me in the UK.

That is OUTRAGEOUS! I can get much more valuable, heavier and bigger packages sent to me from the US at a fraction of that cost so why is it so expensive?  To put into more perspective I had my dog sled (that's right, a dog sled) sent to me for 60 euros so why does a tiny ball of thread justify $40?!?

I did find a shop on amazon that used to send orders up to $20 for $10 shipping but now they are charging the same inexplicable amount.  I can only find one UK supplier but they only stock size 20 and 40 so if I want to work in my favourite size 10 I'm totally stuck.

On a positive note, my fiance managed to find a supplier that sells a good colour selection of Anchor Artiste Mercer cotton.  The quality is great but the colour choice is just not as exciting as Lizbeth.  I just want to cry into my tea cup!

If anyone knows of a supplier that sells size 10 Lizbeth to the UK without huge shipping charges, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know!!

Till next time....

5 comments:

  1. Here you go - a new supplier here in the UK with FREE p & p. Hope this helps. http://tinyurl.com/7grfzb4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's terrible!!! I hope the supplier from Jane works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not in the UK, & I know the seller isn't, but have you tried Be-stitched? Nancy is usually very reasonable. I haven't ever had to have anything shipped out of the US as we're just across the country, but I've always recieved awesome service from her! www.be-stitched.com is the link if you haven't. She sells alot of Lizbeth thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, thanks for the link. She only stocks size 20 but I emailed her and she offered to try and get some if I have a specific order. I don't know how that will affect the shipping though.

    Randa, I think I have looked there before and have similar issues with shipping. But thanks for the suggestion, I'll go check it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that wasn't much help but I can give you another link if you email me on lovetotat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete