Monday 5 March 2012

bonnet progress - opinion required

So I have made progress with the bonnet but I really need some advise...

here is a photo of the bonnet so far.

As you can see, the last row of hearts have pinched in the circumference of the bonnet making the back bulge slightly.

My question is, do I continue and hope it fits and doesn't look daft, or to I cut it all out and re-do 13 medallions with longer joining picots?  The baby still isn't here yet and it will probably take me 2-3 evenings to re-do the medallions (once I get my delivery of thread).

After the medallions I can only do another 3 rows until I know if its a boy or a girl and then i'll have around 6 weeks before the Christening.

So what do you think?  should I take the time to re-do, or just keep going?

2 comments:

  1. I think it's lovely as it is, When you have finished an iron possibly take the bump out, By the picture I can't see much of a bump so thats why I say the iron might work it out.

    I think you are doing a lovely job and the pattern looks gorgeous, it would be a shame to unpick it and then not be able to get it back the same, You could try starting another one and see if it works out better rather than messing around cutting bits out.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a life-sized doll available? You could try the bonnet on the doll and see how it looks, and then make your decision. I'm always hesitant to give up on something that's already tatted since there's so much work involved. Besides, there are many bonnet patterns that have a built-in puffiness. : )

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete