Tuesday 6 March 2012

the saga continues...

So I got a bit of feedback regarding my quandry with the bonnet and after reading a couple of posts on my thread on In Tatters I thought to myself, "I'm not happy with it now so if I keep going i'm still going to be unhappy with it so i'd might as well try and fix it."

I realsied i'd already made the decision so last night I was very brave and started cutting the joining picots to see how it looked with the tension relaxed.  I then re-made the first 3 medallions with 7mm picots.

So far it looks like it will work a treat but i'm not a fan of very long picots so i've decided to bling them up with 2-3 seed beads.  Hopefully this will mean it will look a lot sleaker as it will stop the thread spreading out if they are a little too long and it will make the extra long picots look like they are supposed to be that way rather than a fudging of the design.

It means I will have to nip into town during my lunch break and buy some beads and I will have to re-do the 3 medallions I did last night but it will be worth it.

I will post more photos once i've made enough progress to show off.

Till next time...

Cat. x

5 comments:

  1. Gosh, you're so dedicated to this. I'd have thrown it in the bin by now!! I'm SO looking forward to the end result. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling you, if this wasn't a chirstening bonnet for my neice/nephew it would be in the bin. Though I am quite determined when I get the bit between my teeth so I would probably have picked it out of the bin and had another go a month or so later. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're much more dedicated than I am... I decided after my first bonnet this past summer that there would never be another! I think the people who write the patterns make them as a test of love & patience... But yours seems to be turning out much better than mine did, & I like the seed beads idea! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Randa, I have already done 3 medallions with beads and so far its looking good. i'll get pictures posted when i've done enough to see the full effect.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete